Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Asland, Oregon


Lithia Park



Ashland, Oregon is one of my favorite cities. I am slightly biased as my little sister was born there and I have many fond memories from my childhood. However, going back as an adult with my husband and two children, I was able to experience and appreciate this magical town all over again.

Lithia Park is located in the middle of downtown and is beautiful and picturesque. There is a duck pond (picture at the top of the page) when you first walk in surrounded by gorgeous trees and plants.

There are trails and bridges that lead to streams and parks for everyone to enjoy. We saw lots of deer and squirrels happily living in the surrounding forests. The kids played on the giant playground for hours as my husband and I sat next to a stream happily watching our children and taking in the fall scenery. It was truly something out of a dream. 









Lithia Springs Resort



Lithia Springs Resort was a great place to stay during our visit in Ashland. It's not only charming and quaint, it's also very inexpensive for the quality (around $100 a night). We stayed in a lovely cottage style room with a bed for me and my husband, and a fold out couch bed that was very comfortable for the kids. There was also a kitchenette in the room as well. The best part of the room was that we had  our very own large Jacuzzi tub with natural spring mineral water for soaking.





Standing Stone Brewery

This was a great family friendly restaurant with locally grown produce and freshly brewed ales and lagers. The restaurant has a local farm where they raise free range cattle and poultry and they're very environmentally friendly. We had pizzas, burgers, salads and brew, and everything was excellent! 


No comments:

Post a Comment