Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Favorite Summer Pasta


This is a pasta my mother would make for us when I was a little girl. I can never make this pasta quite as good as my mom does, but I suppose that's because her cooking always tastes better to me (hopefully my children will feel the same way about my cooking someday).

 Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients: 
1 Package Capellini/Angel Hair Pasta
8-16 oz Mozzarella Cheese (chopped into tiny squares)
6-8 Roma Tomatoes
Basil (2-3 cups chopped)
1 large Leek
2 Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
1/4-1/3 Cup Olive Oil

Seasoning:
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste  

 

Directions:
Put water over to boil for the pasta and make sure to add olive oil before adding the pasta (angel hair pasta really sticks together). Make sure to chop cheese, tomatoes, basil, leek, and garlic before you put the pasta in.

You want to make sure to have your all of your ingredients in your pasta bowl ready to go, so that as soon as your pasta is ready, you can add your pasta in and stir it all up. It's that simple -- just mix all the ingredients with the pasta and stir. The hot pasta will melt the cheese and give it the desired texture.

This pasta is really yummy on its own, however, some might say (my hubby) that it needs more protein. You can add some grilled chicken to this dish to make it a bit more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment