Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Terra Cotta Pot Garden







I truly love decorating clay pots! Not only is it a unique way to spruce up your garden but it is also very therapeutic. The terra cotta pots are a fun and inexpensive surface that you can use just about any craft supply to decorate them with.  I've only experimented with paint so far but you can also use Mod Podge, glitter, ribbon, tape, and more. I'm constantly finding new ideas and designs that I want to try and luckily most of these pots are under $2.00 a piece which makes for a very inexpensive art project!

What you'll need:
Terra cotta pots- Most craft & home improvement stores sell them in all different shapes and sizes.






Paint- At first I was purchasing the more expensive patio paint that is for all weather conditions but soon realized that the pots needed to be sealed anyways so just regular inexpensive acrylic paint works just fine. They come in so many colors and shades and are normally under $1.00 a piece. 


Paint brushes- Just a few different varieties. Nothing fancy needed.


Clay Pot Sealer- This is also sold near the pots and is between $5.00 & $7.00 a can and last forever!




All of these pots I did freehand by simply looking at images that I wanted to recreate. I found most of the images online. And by some miracle they came out pretty cute! And since I was using paint I was easily able to make corrections. But using stencils and other drawing patterns work too. 





                 Just have fun with it and make it your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment