Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 2 of Wednesday to Wednesday Weight Loss and Wellness






My childbearing years have finally come to an end and it is now time to really focus on feeling and looking great again! It's been a long journey which includes multiple pregnancies, an intense sugar addiction, hypothyroidism, and chronic pain issues. Just five short months ago I weighed myself before heading to the hospital the morning of my scheduled c-section. The scale landed on 198lbs. Granted I was 9 months pregnant but I knew at that moment that I had a lot of work ahead of me to get back down to a healthy weight. I am 32 years old and am 5 feet 5 inches tall. I was always a slender kid growing up and didn't really start putting on any real weight until I had an allergic reaction to the Depo-Provera shot in my early twenties. I was on the birth control for a little less than a year but managed to gain 15lbs every 3 months! I didn't even realize the extent of the damage until the nurse taking my weight informed me of the extensive weight gain. After that ordeal my metabolism has never been the same. I worked hard during the rest of my twenties to stay fit but realized this would be a life long struggle.

I currently have a 2 year old daughter and a 5 month old son so I've spent a good portion of the last 3 years pregnant. During both pregnancies I had quite intense sugar cravings which unfortunately I gave into a little too often. Let's just say that ice cream was a staple in my diet. Not so great for managing my weight gain! I managed to gain 40lbs with my 1st pregnancy, only lost 20lbs of it before getting pregnant again, and then gained another 40lbs with my son. However, over the last couple of months my best friend Amy and I have decided to ban together and support each other during this life style change. Having an accountability partner is huge for me. If I don't have one I tend to rationalize my unhealthy choices in my head. It's always nice to have someone who cares to talk you off  the edge!

So far by educating myself on nutrition, diligently keeping a food journal, and adding brisk walks into my daily routine I have been able to shed 40lbs over the last 5 months. My biggest obstacle thus far has been combating my sugar addiction and getting my portion sizes under control. I still have moments of weakness but overall I have greatly improved exercising my willpower when it comes to sweets. In my twenties my main concern was looking good but now as I get older the more my focus has turned to overall health. Of course looking good is always a bonus! But unfortunately I have a lot of illness and disease in my gene pool. Therefore I know I cannot get complacent and assume that I am immune to disease.

Along with Amy I will be keeping a food and exercise journal on the My Fitness Pal app and Fitbit. And experimenting with different techniques that incorporate healthy living into our busy lives. It's easy with children to get so busy that you forget to take care of yourself but I also know how important it is for us to be healthy. Not only for us but for these kiddos too! It's time to make a permanent lifestyle change and not continue on the road of yo-yo dieting.

Week 1

Goal #1: This week I will be focusing on getting a daily walk in. I prefer to go in the mornings since it gives me energy for the rest of the day but if my schedule doesn't permit I will do my best to do it in the evenings.

Goal #2: Making sure that I drink enough water. Since I am currently breastfeeding I need more than normal so my goal is 96oz per day as recommended by my physician.

Wednesday, July 6th

Starting Weight: 162lbs

Breakfast: Raisen Bran Cereal (1 cup)
                 Milk (0.8cup 1%)
                 Chia Seeds (1 tbsp)
                 12oz Coffee (with 2 tbsp of cream and 2 tsp of sugar)

Lunch: Ham sandwich on multigrain bread w/ lite miracle whip, spinach, cheese, and tomato

Dinner: Chicken Tikka Marsala
              Wheat couscous
              Garlic nan

Snacks: Hummus (2 oz)
             4 whole mini sweet peppers
             Almonds (1 oz )
             Banana nut granola

Water: 10 Cups 

Exercise: Walked at a brisk pace for 2 miles

 Steps: 6,469

Total Calories Consumed: 2,056
Total Calories Burned: 384


Thursday, July 7th


Breakfast: 12 oz Coffee  (3tbsp of cream & 2 tsp of sugar)
                 
Lunch: Shredded BBQ chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun
             Salad with lite italian dressing (2 tbsp)
             Steamed carrots (1 cup)

Dinner: Cheese Burger (no fries)
              Broccoli (1 cup)
Snacks:
             Strawberries (1 cup)

Water: 11 Cups 

Exercise: 3 mile brisk walk

Steps: 11,045

Total Calories Consumed: 2,064
Total Calories Burned:635

Friday, July 8th 

Breakfast: 12oz coffee (2tbsp cream & 2 tsp sugar)
                  Homemade breakfast skillet (potatoes, sausage, egg, and cheese)
                
Lunch: Shredded BBQ chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun
             Salad with lite italian dressing (2 tbsp)

Dinner: Homemade beef tacos with lean meat
              Black beans
              Rice
              Salsa

Snacks: Multi grain toast with 1tbsp of peanut butter

Water: 9 Cups

Exercise: 2 mile brisk walk

Steps: 5,904

Total Calories Consumed: 1,973
Total Calories Burned: 384


Saturday, July 9th

Breakfast: 12oz Coffee (3tbsp of cream & 2 tsp of sugar)
                  Pink Grapefruit (with 1tsp of sugar sprinkled on top)
                  Multi grain toast with 1tbsp of peanut butter               

Lunch: 2 Soft tacos

Dinner: 1.5 cups of homemade Goulash

Snacks: Whole grain flat bread & hummus

Water: 12 cups

Exercise: 4 mile brisk walk

Steps:  15,173

Total Calories Consumed: 1,545
Total Calories Burned: 578


Sunday, July 10th

Breakfast: 12oz Coffee  (3tbsp of cream & 2 tsp sugar)
                 Pink Grapefruit (with 1tsp of sugar sprinkled on top)
                 Multi grain toast with 1tbsp of peanut butter               

Lunch: Ham sandwich on multigrain bread w/ lite miracle whip, spinach, cheese, and tomato

Dinner: Veggie Quesadilla w/ salsa

Snacks: Quinoa chips

Water: 10 cups

Exercise: None

Steps: 2,357

Total Calories Consumed: 1,852
Total Calories Burned: 0


Monday, July 11th


Breakfast:  12oz Coffee (3tbsp of cream & 2tsp sugar)
                   1 cup Great Grains Crunchy Pecan cereal
                   0.8 cup 1% milk

Lunch: 1.5 cups homemade Goulash 

Dinner: Homemade breakfast skillet (potatoes, sausage, egg, and cheese)

Snacks: 1 med orange
              Quinoa chips (2oz)
              Multi grain toast
              1tbsp peanut butter
                
Water: 11 Cups

Exercise: 3 mile brisk walk

Steps: 9,642

Total Calories Consumed: 1,978
Total Calories Burned: 523

Tuesday, July 11th

Breakfast: 12oz Coffee  (3tbsp of cream & 2 tsp sugar)
                 Pink Grapefruit (with 1tsp of sugar sprinkled on top)
                 Multi grain toast with 1tbsp of peanut butter               

Lunch: 1 cup Great Grains Crunchy Pecan cereal
             0.8 cup 1% milk

Dinner: Homemade cheeseburger with sautéed sweet peppers and mushrooms on a whole wheat bun and brocolli, asparagus, carrots, kale, greenbeans


Snack: Edamame (1cup)
            Orange
            Hummus with sweet peppers
            Quinoa chips

Water: 12 Cups 

Exercise: 3 mile brisk walk

Steps: 9,351

Total Calories Consumed:2,041
Total Calories Burned:241

Wednesday Weigh-In and Week Overview 

Ending Weight: 159.8

Total Weight Loss for the week: 2.2lbs

There is definitely room for improvement especially in the food department but overall I am happy with this weeks weight loss!




1 comment: