Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Week 3 of Wednesday to Wednesday Weightloss and Wellness


Week 3

Goal #1: Water! My first goal will be to drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day or more. For whatever reason, I really struggle with drinking enough water everyday. The only time in my life that I drank a healthy amount of water, was during pregnancies and breast feeding.

Drinking water throughout the day is so important for weight-loss and wellness. It replenishes the body, flushes out toxins, improves digestive health, increases the rate at which the body burns fat, and promotes the breakdown and elimination of fat cells. There is now scientific research that has found drinking two glasses of water before each meal suppresses your appetite and overall food intake. There are so many reasons why drinking plenty of water is beneficial and essential in good health and losing weight.


 



Goal #2: Meal Prep. I've never done a meal prep before but I always see my friends doing them on social media and they're usually related to weight-loss. This week my friend Katy showed me one of her favorite recipes for a meal prep for the week. She made this meal divided by 6 (picture on the left) , while I took notes and taste tested (a very important job in case that's unclear).







This meal prep includes: 2 Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
                                           Baked Sweet Potato Mash
                                           Sauteed Squash anZucchini
                                           Steamed Broccoli
                                                                                                 
                                          Total Calories=350

This was so good and filling for only 350 calories! I was very impressed to say the least.


Summer with the kids has been so incredibly busy with all of their activities, classes, play dates, etc. We're constantly on the go each day.  I've been eating fast food more than I'd like to admit. And while I still attempt to make healthy choices when ordering at a fast food restaurant, it's still processed and ultimately unhealthy. It's a bad habit that I need to break and having a meal ready to go that's healthy and filling is essential staying on track. 



 Wednesday 

Starting Weight: 189.5`

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream and
                 Greek Yogurt (Almond Coco Loco Flip) 

Lunch: Asian Sesame Chopped Salad

Dinner: Quinoa Enchilada Bake

Dessert: Apple Crisp Oatmeal Bake

Snacks: Mozzarella Cheese Snack (Costco)

Water: 8 Cups 

Exercise: Walking 30 Minutes (mod. pace) and Calisthenics 15 Minutes
 
 Steps: 9,061

Total Calories Consumed:1,270
Total Calories Burned: 645


Thursday

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream
                 Greek Yogurt (Almond Coco Loco Flip) 

Lunch: Santa Fe Chicken Salad (Trader Joe's)

Dinner: 2 Slices of Pepperoni Pizza

Snacks: Grapefruit

Dessert: Gelato Affigato (gelato with espresso poured on top)

This dessert is fabulous! It's definitely a sweet splurge, but for 203 Calories, I'd say it's worth it!


Water: 10 Cups 

Steps:13,194

Exercise: Walking Brisk Pace 35 Minutes 

Total Calories Consumed:1,373
Total Calories Burned: 632

Friday

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream
                 1/2 Grapefruit with a tsp of sugar 
                

Lunch: 2 Fresco Steak Tacos

Dinner: Medium Baked Sweet Potato
             Garlic Bread
             Shrimp (sauteed in butter)
             Spinach Salad

Snacks: Chocolate Delight Protein Shake w/PB Powder and Almond Milk
             2 Oreos
    
Water: 8 Cups

Steps: 12,137

Total Calories Consumed: 1,830
Total Calories Burned: 845


Saturday

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream (4tbsp of cream)
                
Lunch: Meal Prep Lunch

Dinner: BBQ with friends  

Water: Roughly 10 cups 

Fitbit was charging this day 

Total Calories Consumed:More than normal
Total Calories Burned: Less than normal


Sunday

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream (4tbsp of cream)
                  1 Fried Egg and Tortilla with Green Chili
                  Cup of Blueberries 

Lunch: Veggie Sandwich

Dinner: Blue Cheese Spinach Salad with Chicken

Snacks: Carrots and Ranch

Water: 10 cups

Steps: 7, 189

Total Calories Consumed: 1,362
Total Calories Burned: 554


Monday

Troy and Brendan's Birthday!




- I didn't spend a single minute counting calories or food logging and I'm okay with that.

Tuesday

Breakfast:Coffee with Cream (4tbsp of cream)
                  1 Fried Egg and Tortilla with Green Chili
                  Cup of Blueberries 
Lunch: Meal Prep Lunch

Dinner: 3 Fresco Steak Tacos

Water: 11 Cups 

Exercise: 35 Minutes of Walking at a Brisk Pace

Steps: 21,883!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay me!!!!

Total Calories Consumed:1,028

Total Calories Burned:1,192

Wednesday Weigh-In and Week Overview 

Ending Weight: 187.7

Total Weight Loss for the week: 1.7 lbs.

I will start with the positive and say that I'm happy the scale is moving in the right direction. I'm also very proud of  myself for meeting my water goal and even going above some days. However, I  promised I would be honest in this process, so I must also say that I feel frustrated with the work to results ratio. In other words, I'm not losing as much as I would like to each week. Against good advice and better judgement, I've weighed myself multiple times throughout the last few weeks. It has been discouraging watching my weight go up and down over the last couple of weeks. I'm so lucky to have friends on this journey with me, supporting and encouraging me every step of the way. This week I've needed many pep talks!

In the weeks to come, I plan on reevaluating my diet and exercise routine. I want to try some new approaches to improve my weekly weight loss outcome.    

No comments:

Post a Comment